To Y’all travellers and adventurers, if you’ve never been to
Kenya, then you don’t know what adventure is. From the big five, to the hot
springs, mountains, pre-historic sites, wildlife, I highly recommend the place.
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Comments
Popular posts from this blog
-
A LETTER TO SHE THAT JILTED ME Dearly beloved It’s been four months since you last walked out of my door. The loud bang that almost left my door in shreds and the sound of your suitcase zipper closing still haunts my sleep each and every night. Four months on, I still wake up at night only to cry myself to sleep. It is raining right now and how much more I miss you in this weather. The sleets fall while I press my face against the frosted glass hoping to catch a glimpse of you coming through the gates, your umbrella raised in all its grace. Everytime I think of that I smile but then remember it all is in the past. To be honest with you, I haven’t ever fully let go of you coz I see you in the skies at night, feel you rumble with the thunder and even experience your smooth caress when the wind blows. Your favourite song plays on the radio ever since you left and I sit down everytime to relive the memory of what we made, and oh, what naivety made us think this would last fore...
Chapter seven Yeah, my grandma’s funeral was one of my best days, of course due to the fact that I couldn’t really tell what was going on. I remember my mama calling me out from the field and wondering whether to soak me first. The scrubbing was rather harsh that day with the ‘mawe ya mguu’ forgetting its boundaries and roaming up to my knees. I remember raising my leg up in the air as she had requested before some village women passed by. She of course conducted them into the house with strict instructions that i wasn’t to dare put my leg back in the basin. She had then resurfaced after three minutes and the torturous process continued. Some ‘arimis’ multi-purpose petroleum jelly(though I wondered why it wasn’t used in cooking) to glitter point and then shoved into some oversize polo shirt and short, prized possessions from the last christmas that were stored away for travel use only. I didn’t have a boxer then but had a green ‘capetown’ cap. I remember trying to take the...
When the bird got uncaged They always told her tales of life in the trees, night spent staring at the sun setting and the mornings when they all woke to chase the glow. They never told her of the nights out in the cold, lonely and alone, the nightmares of the night and the anxiety as they awaited the sun to rise. They told her of how they swam in the meadows and partook of grubs and dew. The other birds told her of how they bathed in the dust, raced around, sang and danced. They never told her about the bald eagle that chased them around and the hawks that took their children away. They told her of their colourful nests with colourful eggs. They never told her about the snakes that fed on them, the jealousy among the barren birds and the squabbles over territories. The macaw told her about the nuts and the hummingbird told her of nectar, but they never got to tell her about how tough their shells were or how frail the flowers were. The honey bird told her about the honey, but she did ...
Comments
Post a Comment