I’ve just seen a feature of two people, both of them being
blind, but happen to be a couple so deeply in love with each other. Seventeen years
of marriage, and with no kids I must add hasn’t changed a thing between them. What
really attracted my attention though was not their blindness or their love life,
it was their devotion to God. Despite the fact that they couldn’t see a thing,
they didn’t blame anyone, they didn’t ask questions nor did they ever complain.
They thanked God for creating them blind for it led them to one another and
made them even stronger. They might have been blind, but they have seen the
love and sustenance of the lord and have lived to tell the tale. One couldn’t
help shedding tears as they watched them looking at each other unseeingly,
their hearts speaking volumes that their eyes couldn’t. That got me thinking. We
wake up each morning and realize that we can still see, we can talk, we can
walk and above all, we are alive. But has that ever stopped us from bickering? Has
it ever stopped us for blaming God for every little shortfalls and for creating
us with crooked teeth, a slight limp, dark skin and even making us lack in basic
needs? You curse God for letting you walk without shoes, what of those without
feet? To whom will they cry unto? It taught
me a very great lesson on gratefulness and self appreciation. You may not have
much but thank him for that little you have. You have only two pairs of shoes,
some have none. You didn’t have enough to eat, some had none. Be thankful for
every little you get every time you do. It was a lesson I wouldn’t ever get
anywhere else.
A LETTER TO SHE THAT JILTED ME Dearly beloved It’s been four months since you last walked out of my door. The loud bang that almost left my door in shreds and the sound of your suitcase zipper closing still haunts my sleep each and every night. Four months on, I still wake up at night only to cry myself to sleep. It is raining right now and how much more I miss you in this weather. The sleets fall while I press my face against the frosted glass hoping to catch a glimpse of you coming through the gates, your umbrella raised in all its grace. Everytime I think of that I smile but then remember it all is in the past. To be honest with you, I haven’t ever fully let go of you coz I see you in the skies at night, feel you rumble with the thunder and even experience your smooth caress when the wind blows. Your favourite song plays on the radio ever since you left and I sit down everytime to relive the memory of what we made, and oh, what naivety made us think this would last fore...
Comments
Post a Comment