I SHALL WRITE TO THE WOMAN I LOVE
Where is my book and my old quilt? Where is my ink bottle and my musing stool? I want to capture the magic before the sun goes down. I want to write to the woman i love, to she that lives miles yonder.
What is she doing now? Is she at the streams fetching the last water of the day? Is she on the horse rounding up the steers with her father? No i don’t think so. I think she is in her room, looking into her dressing mirror and thinking of me. I think she is at her doorstep looking at the setting sun like I am now and just loving life. She is my woman, the woman i love. She is the one that feeds birds breadcrumbs every morning and lets the sparrows nest in her flower garden in the evening. She is the one that hums with the golden yellow bees and dances with the bush-tail squirrels in their bushes.
I shall write to the woman i love, to tell her i miss her to death, to tell her my heart would never be filled with any other. I shall write just to tell her i love her though she already knows. So dear sun, stay still for a minute and listen to my poem, do you think she’ll love it? Do you think she’ll cry when she gets my letter? Can i trust you to get it to her? Wait, is she still there waiting for the day we become one? Is she still keeping chaste for me as I am for her? When you rise tomorrow, please tell me i still have a reason to smile and day-dream. I shall write to the woman i love, to tell her the days of waiting are almost over. To tell her i shall come with the sun or the wind. I shall come with the clouds or with the rain, either way, i shall write to the woman i love and tell her just how i feel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog