Let me run for the hills
I can’t deny the fact that we are all falling for each other’s charms. I can see the shy smile when you meet my gaze and my quivering knees when you shake my hand. You have a hold in my heart stronger than I have ever felt before and yes, I think I am falling in love. How else can I explain the frequent daydreams and the erratic beat of the heart? How else can I explain the bells that toll in my head when your image swims into focus? How else can i explain the poetry that floods my heart when i think of your beautiful smile?  I fear though my fair lady, i fear. My fear is unlike that of a sheep and a lion, or that of a servant and a cruel master, it is that which rises from the loins, gnaws at the heart and spreads all over the body when reality sinks in. I fear tomorrow, i fear tomorrow with you and all it will bring. My prayer, let me run, let me run for the hills.
My fingers may as of now be bleeding poetry and my tongue, fried in the oil of sweet-smelling ballads, but still, will that be enough to make you stay? My hands can hold you without letting go and my eyes adore you from morning till evening, but then, after a week, will you still treasure those monotonous moments? Will you still look at me with the same glimmer in your eyes like from the first time? No, i think not. Let me run for the hills. Let me run before i leave both of us stewing in the juices of regret. Let me run for the hills when it is still attraction in its early stages. Let me run with my lips still unkissed and my hands unheld. We are still longing for each other, i know. The mouth may deny, but the heart, well it speaks volumes. But what if everything comes crumbling when the bubble we are in bursts? What if the winds just one morning sweep away all traces of our love and affection? Let me run before the wall between us completely falls apart and we become one. The scales are falling out of my eyes slowly and i can see the patch is rough and the paths uncultivated, unformed. Everybody says we are made for each other, but what if they are wrong? What if it is just the fumes of youthful myopia? Love brewed from the dying embers of an ever cold hearth? I love you too much to break you and I can’t live with the thought of seeing that smile erased from your face. I can’t stand and watch you leave in the rains, head bowed, tears mingling with water droplets. Let me run. Baby, let me run for the hills. This is not for me, it is for us. You may not understand now but i promise you will soon. You’ll brand me a coward and a fool, but yes, when you come to terms with the situation, you shall see it is love that made me leave in the first place. Let me run, baby, let me run for the hills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog