I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

I dreamt yesterday that i would be a great man today. I dreamt that i could shout and the whole world would listen to me, i dreamt that i could climb the tallest of mountains and swim in the deepest of rivers. I dreamt yesterday that my fantasies had become a reality, and that’s why i believe in yesterday.
Yesterday came with its promises and doubts in equal measure, but it was better a day than today and tomorrow. I had love yesterday and she left today. There was someone in my heart yesterday but it today it’s awfully empty. I had someone to cuddle yesterday but today i only the pillow. Yesterday, someone whispered in my ear of how she loved me but today...
I lived without a care in the world yesterday. I didn’t have to worry about what i had to eat nor what to drink. I would walk with my head held high, knowing that someone would do all the caring and worrying for me but today, the sun is brighter and hotter, the rain heavier than lead and the clouds darker than black, i believe in yesterday for then, i would live a day without worrying about tomorrow. I would wish yesterday didn’t pass but then...
I went for a walk yesterday, and birds, they chirped pretty songs for me but today, there is silence so deathly in the trees. The river sang its sweet rhythm and soothed my heart yesterday but today, it is a ghost with a brown mass and ugly roar. I believe that i can bring back my yesterday, that i can fade back into the background and become one with my dream. I believe that yesterday can wipe away my tears and fight away my fears, i believe yesterday can bring back what i wished to be and what i still dream of being. I believe yesterday can bring back my love and the sweet words. I believe yesterday can bring back my care-free spirit and my ignorance. I believe in yesterday, i believe in what i was then, i just want to be a man again and that, that means i have to look back at who i was before. I believe yesterday can bring me back to me, yes, i believe in yesterday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog