We, I, killed Andy (an open letter to a friend I ‘killed’)
 
 He was, is the best pal I’ve ever had. The young man with whom I shared dreams and nightmares, told of my silent ambitions and shared all the naughty secrets close dawgs do, is no more. The young man with whom we walked side to side, where seeing one meant seeing another suddenly went silent. Well, the first thought were of grim betrayal and hatred but then, things changed and the stubborn self I had came into being.
Well, truth be told. I had constructed for myself an ivory tower from whence I stood to judge, never allowing myself to be judged. I made decisions for us, yours I dismissed as dumb and insignificant. The world was to be viewed from my trajectory, yours non-existent. I walked my path, forcing you to follow me despite the fact that you had another path to take. I took my dreams and imposed them on you, my thoughts you had to shoulder so as not to disappoint. It was a disaster waiting to happen. I, though, will never forget you for one thing, maybe two.
You gave me the sense of purpose, taught me to hold my head high when all I wanted to do was shy away. You taught me to give the best even on my worst of days, gave a vote of confidence when I was all weak and on the verge of giving up. I’ll never forget the fact that you are the one who gave me confidence by assuring all was right when you well knew it wasn’t. I don’t remember though giving anything back to appreciate that man who half-made me who I am today.
It is with the humblest of prayers that I beg for forgiveness from the immortal pal that I tried to kill, for that man who forsook his cause to follow mine, for that man whom I saw his every imperfection while he never pointed out mine. My hope is that we can walk the same path over again, only with a few positive adjustments. We still have dreams that are half suspended. We have the hills waiting for us to explore and deep rivers to swim in. We have to race against time for age will soon catch up. Come friend and lets walk again, lets walk before the legs go sore and lame. Let us give each other the strength that once was the centre of our universe. Come, oh friend so we can shout at the skies deep in the night and light the bonfires of purpose and chart our courses in paths they have never walked. We can turn the past into a very vibrant future. We can do this
                                                                                              signed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog