A LETTER TO SHE THAT JILTED ME

Dearly beloved

It’s been four months since you last walked out of my door. The loud bang that almost left my door in shreds and the sound of your suitcase zipper closing still haunts my sleep each and every night. Four months on, I still wake up at night only to cry myself to sleep. It is raining right now and how much more I miss you in this weather. The sleets fall while I press my face against the frosted glass hoping to catch a glimpse of you coming through the gates, your umbrella raised in all its grace. Everytime I think of that I smile but then remember it all is in the past. To be honest with you, I haven’t ever fully let go of you coz I see you in the skies at night, feel you rumble with the thunder and even experience your smooth caress when the wind blows. Your favourite song plays on the radio ever since you left and I sit down everytime to relive the memory of what we made, and oh, what naivety made us think this would last forever? I always pass by your estate gates at least hoping to catch a glimpse of you mowing the lawns or even wiping the glass windows but it seems you closed your door eternally on me, never to see me again. I came to your workplace yester but the gateman wouldn’t let me in. I went to the park where you used to hang out before I got the courage to approach you and honey, I always find it closed. When you get this letter, just know that I was trying to reach out and see if we can start over again, if we can turn our backs to the past and walk unhindered into the future. When you sleep in your bed, know that someone somewhere isnt sleeeping that tight and prays that you spare him a thought, blow him a kiss and even whisper a word of prayer for him. Oh, I almost forgot. Remember the flowers you planted outside my, our house? Well they are now in full bloom, red roses, white roses and one yellow. I feel your presence and smell you when I do the roses but it isnt fun anymore, and the neighbour’s grass you dug off as a prank? Well, it’s never grown. Know that I miss the past so much and hope to walk that hallowed path over again with you. I’m waiting heart in hand for your reply and know that I love you so. Save my heart. I’m tired of listening and relistening to Adele and Shania Twain.
                                                                                               Lots and lots of love
                                                                           YOUR’ FORMER

Comments

Popular posts from this blog