I am lost in a room full of mirrors, I don’t even know
who the real me is. I can’t look for my eyes are blinded by the reflection.
Tell me, mirror, what do you want me to see? Turn yourself away, for I know not
the stranger pointing back. Shatter and fall. Cut me up in pieces and send me into
the oblivion. When I look into you, who is it that I see? Who is that stranger
crying silently and alone? What are those two lines encrusted below his eyes?
Am I the one in tears or it is you giving me the illusion? Let me heave, turn
your eyes away so my tears can fall, for I have held on long enough. Look away,
you image, turn and face the wall and let me rend my heart broken and tear
myself apart. Show me my face. Let me
see the wrinkles and the tear marks. Allow me to view my visage, with its
craters and bruises. Go run, run image, run to where you came from. I want to
see me, not the dark ghost trying to scare me, not a monster with eyes full of
impunity and a heart full of darkness. I cannot see the me I want to see, I can
only find the broken others, those that I broke with my Hubris. I see them all
scattered on the ground, deeds I have done, the people I’ve broken, those that
I have chocked and suffocated. Shatter not mirror, stand still and let me pay
for my sins. Show me all of them, let them take the pitchforks and chase me
home. Let them take their bonfires and burn me down. Show me mirror, let me
stew in my sins, let them torture me. Let me know why I built walls when I
should have built bridges. Let me know why I buried them when I should have
planted them. Why have I fought a war when peace was a cleaner option? Take
away the trophy I’ve won, and give me all what I’ve lost. Make me worthy, then
someday I shall see myself in the mirror. Make me clean, then someday I shall
not be afraid of he who points back, then maybe next time I shall not take the trophy,
but pick all which is left behind.
A LETTER TO SHE THAT JILTED ME Dearly beloved It’s been four months since you last walked out of my door. The loud bang that almost left my door in shreds and the sound of your suitcase zipper closing still haunts my sleep each and every night. Four months on, I still wake up at night only to cry myself to sleep. It is raining right now and how much more I miss you in this weather. The sleets fall while I press my face against the frosted glass hoping to catch a glimpse of you coming through the gates, your umbrella raised in all its grace. Everytime I think of that I smile but then remember it all is in the past. To be honest with you, I haven’t ever fully let go of you coz I see you in the skies at night, feel you rumble with the thunder and even experience your smooth caress when the wind blows. Your favourite song plays on the radio ever since you left and I sit down everytime to relive the memory of what we made, and oh, what naivety made us think this would last fore...
Comments
Post a Comment