Open scars in the place of open arms, thou art suffocating me. Let go of the rope and reduce the weight of the guillotine. I would blame you for everything but who should we kid? I am the one who let go first, and found you drowning when I came back to save you. I was the first to throw the stone and the harsh words. I would say I am broken but you are shattered. I would say I am bruised but you sure are disintegrating. I am a prisoner, but who is my jailer, guilt or jealousy? If I had said yes when I should, would we have drifted away like an unanchored raft in open waters? If only you had told me that all I had to do was ask, then maybe I wouldn’t have waited till my feelings were stale. I would have held on longer, if you never called me your friend. I would have been there every day if you never said I was like a big brother to you. I am trying to write you this but my lonely tears just don’t seem to understand. I would have fought for you, but I, your friend would have been left sinking in the swamp when Romeo came with his horse. Look deep in my eyes and read the pain. Do you know what it means to love in silence and fear? Do you know the pain of nursing a heart that you never broke in the first place? I would have given anything for you, but you were to leave, to fly away as soon as your wings grew. If I loved you too much, tell me who would love my Juliet when she came? I am sorry friend, but I got tired of holding on to vain hope. I got tired of tears every night and forced smiles when you handed me to the broken heart bit by bit. Though we are broken, I know Romeo shall turn the corners soon and off to the castle you’ll be. I don’t want to cry when you are gone. Let me go to the grass first, and seek me one of my own, so when you gallop off I shall not run after you shedding rivers and streams. I have had to learn, that though I loved you much, I wasn’t supposed to forget myself. I have had to see, that I had leaned so heavily on a thin sapling, one that would have broken and let me dash my head against stones. I hope you understand that I had to walk away not because love had run out, simply because the path got too rough and the burden too heavy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog