Open scars in the place of open arms, thou art
suffocating me. Let go of the rope and reduce the weight of the guillotine. I
would blame you for everything but who should we kid? I am the one who let go
first, and found you drowning when I came back to save you. I was the first to
throw the stone and the harsh words. I would say I am broken but you are
shattered. I would say I am bruised but you sure are disintegrating. I am a prisoner,
but who is my jailer, guilt or jealousy? If I had said yes when I should, would
we have drifted away like an unanchored raft in open waters? If only you had
told me that all I had to do was ask, then maybe I wouldn’t have waited till my
feelings were stale. I would have held on longer, if you never called me your
friend. I would have been there every day if you never said I was like a big
brother to you. I am trying to write you this but my lonely tears just don’t
seem to understand. I would have fought for you, but I, your friend would have
been left sinking in the swamp when Romeo came with his horse. Look deep in my
eyes and read the pain. Do you know what it means to love in silence and fear?
Do you know the pain of nursing a heart that you never broke in the first
place? I would have given anything for you, but you were to leave, to fly away
as soon as your wings grew. If I loved you too much, tell me who would love my
Juliet when she came? I am sorry friend, but I got tired of holding on to vain hope.
I got tired of tears every night and forced smiles when you handed me to the
broken heart bit by bit. Though we are broken, I know Romeo shall turn the
corners soon and off to the castle you’ll be. I don’t want to cry when you are
gone. Let me go to the grass first, and seek me one of my own, so when you
gallop off I shall not run after you shedding rivers and streams. I have had to
learn, that though I loved you much, I wasn’t supposed to forget myself. I have
had to see, that I had leaned so heavily on a thin sapling, one that would have
broken and let me dash my head against stones. I hope you understand that I had
to walk away not because love had run out, simply because the path got too
rough and the burden too heavy.
A LETTER TO SHE THAT JILTED ME Dearly beloved It’s been four months since you last walked out of my door. The loud bang that almost left my door in shreds and the sound of your suitcase zipper closing still haunts my sleep each and every night. Four months on, I still wake up at night only to cry myself to sleep. It is raining right now and how much more I miss you in this weather. The sleets fall while I press my face against the frosted glass hoping to catch a glimpse of you coming through the gates, your umbrella raised in all its grace. Everytime I think of that I smile but then remember it all is in the past. To be honest with you, I haven’t ever fully let go of you coz I see you in the skies at night, feel you rumble with the thunder and even experience your smooth caress when the wind blows. Your favourite song plays on the radio ever since you left and I sit down everytime to relive the memory of what we made, and oh, what naivety made us think this would last fore...
Comments
Post a Comment