I have warned you
Lament not when the time comes. Cry not out, for I have warned you before, and I have told you that this is going to hurt. You are falling hard upon a rock just like a nail falls to a hammer, or a moth to a glowing flame. You have dragged yourself to a land dry and barren. You have allowed yourself to stand on quick sand. The sun shines not on this side, and for centuries not a drop of rain has found its way here. It is a land of darkness and gloom, an infested marshland, a zone of war. You are walking to the land of the dead. Run while you still can, while you still have life in you. Save yourself and save your soul. Love, I am only a zombie, and in my soul I have ghosts of the past that was and never. I am not made for love. I am not made for you. Look at yourself, a creature of silk, and look at me, I am made of mud and sticks. You are made of gold and silver, but I’m fashioned from rags and stones. You know not how much I crave to hold you, but oh, you are too brittle, and in my hands you shall turn into dust, and I shall suck you dry. I shall take you through to the valley of death, and you shall become devoid of life, dead inside and dead outside. We are of different lives, and we are of different paths. I’m not as brave though as you are, and I am not as daring as you can be.  You are strong, but I am not. You can withstand the whips, but I cannot. I will crumble, and tears would sting my eyes. You can stand the torture that is love, but I would die before it gets to me. So I have warned you, stay away from me, for I truly am a clumsy man, and my hands know not how to hold. Hold out from me thy heart, for my hands are rough and calloused. Keep off my road, for I roll and rumble. I know not gentleness, and I know not how to save, for I too am a wreck, a complete mess. There is no salvation in my eyes, and there is no hope in my being. Stay away from me, for I am quick sand. Peg not your hopes on me, for I am just but a stream of smoke, a victim of time, a victim of circumstance. In my heart I have the love for thee, and so much it is that I have to let you out, before I even let you in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog