Fighting for love
A broken heart can never fail to find its way home, not in darkness and not in light. A blind heart still sees, and a deaf one still hears. Love, it takes no count of wrong, and even when hate roars, the whisper of love still rises above the noise. When the valley is flooded with the stench of death, the soft waft of love can still be felt. Its song is poetry, even above the sound of drums of war. It is a table of fools, and of idiots smitten, blind and stupid, lost and without cause, but it is venom that all of us crave, a trap that all of us fall into. Love is a door to the unknown.
And so I shall knock at thy door, and I hope that you shall open. I shall kneel at thy mat, and I hope that you shall hear my humble supplication. It is a call for war. It is a roar of idiocy, of foolish and vain bravery. Take the hammer and the nail, and crucify me to the floor. Take the whip and flog me. Chastise me with scorpions, and double my yoke, but fear I shall know not. Be fooled not by my yelps. It is not cowardice but bravery, for I am fighting for you, I am fighting for love. I want you to see, I want you to believe, in the promise that my weary back bears. I want you to believe in the blows that I have been taken, and the beatings that life had handed to me. I want you to believe in every scream and every yelp, in every tear and every drop of blood. I have taken the blows to the chin, but never once has my light dimmed, for I still believe. I still believe in you, I still believe in love. I believe that you are worth fighting for. You are worth the blows and the beatings. And so again today I am ready to go to war. I am ready to take up arms, and I am ready to fight. I have felt the roars of the great waters behind thee. I have felt the groans of rocks pressing together, intent on suffocating me, but I shall fear not thy walls. I shall fear not the knives you hold in your hands. I shall not surrender before my tormenters, not when they hold me by my hair, or when they have me impaled on their swords. I shall kick out and I shall thrash. I shall fight for you, I shall fight for love, and even if it kills me in the end, I truly believe that you are worth fighting for. Let not my sacrifice be in vain, for I shall die fighting for you, fighting for love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog