Letter of the forlorn lover
A lonely one calls, from the prairie or the plains, from the tundra or the Kalahari, wherever it is my voice is coming from. I haven’t anywhere to go, I haven’t anyone to sing about to write about. I am a minion, and without a mistress I shall fizzle out till I finally disappear. Tonight I miss you more than ever, and I would do anything just to spend a few minutes with you. I am a forlorn lover, calling in from the other side of the pipe. Let me in, put me through. I know your dreams are bliss and here I am adding a blemish, but what to do? My heart, like a tired ass has refused to go on, my soul has refused to move on. I know that I am long forgotten, but is it that you chose to forget or you refused to remember me? I am a forlorn lover, calling in from the lee side of the mountain, where the rains never fall and the winds never reach, where we know nothing but dryness and thirst. I am calling from the deserts of thirst and whirlwinds. I am calling to vanity, an empty state of existence, to she with a hardened heart and unsmiling lips. I am writing to a lion who devours all in her path. I am writing to a bushfire that spreads herself all over the vast expanse scorching both the eaters and the eaten. I am writing to you, tucked deep in the enclaves of cupid, you that I never forgot, you that I never stopped to love. I am writing to she who made me cry, you the poison that made me strong. If the wind was fast enough I would sail to you but though I see you, the sea is too hot tempered to let me cross. The chasm is too wide for me to cross over to your side. Why do you mock me, with open arms while you know very well I can’t walk there? I finally agree, I am a fool for you, but I would rather be a fool with you than a fool alone. I’d rather be lonely with you than alone on my own. Remember me, lady of my dreams, remember me again. If my heart wasn’t breaking I wouldn’t have written this, but I have lost enough. What is the use of an ego to a starved soul? What is the use of roots to an uprooted tree? Find me again, you that I loved. Call out in the rain and I shall answer, whisper in the wind and I shall tune my ears. I am desperate for you and hope that you shall reach out from the vain distance and brush a tear away from my cheeks. Hope you shall brush my shoulder with a brazen kiss at night and rock me back to sleep, tell me it’s alright. Tell me that you are back, and everything can be okay again. Tell me that we can figure it all again, that we can start at where we left off. Mend me again, block by block, stitch by stitch. Gather me off the ground and rock me off to sleep, and convince me when I wake up, that this dream shall never end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog