Lift the curtains a little

You living in the glass house, once clear now tinted to the last corner, lift the curtains a little. You free spirit now caged in fear and suspicion, lift your curtains a little. I fancy a little peek inside, to see the girl whose heart has been broken more times than an earthenware pot. I want to see that vulnerable girl who like me has known pain and mastered the art of building walls. I want to help you make it all tumble down. I want to turn all the betrayal you have known into loyalty you haven’t had the pleasure of tasting. I want to turn your giant frown into a smile. I want to teach you how to believe. A giant fence keeps thieves away, too bad it doesn’t segregate between the takers and the givers. Lift your curtains up a little and cast a glance to the guitarist out of tune and in the rain. Give him a smile, for that is all he needs. Laugh when his voice hits a giant off-key, for though it is cold outside, his heart will melt with the warmth of your laughter.
Just lift your curtain up a little, and let me see the pain in your eyes. Let your hands fold into mine so if we fall we all go down together, arm in arm till we hit the bottom of the abyss. Let me lay on your chest so our hearts can beat in unison. Lift your curtain a little and let me see the fear in your eyes, then maybe I can teach you to be brave. Let me see the death in your being so together we can find life. I have been dead, and that’s where I found out how to be alive. I have lost, and that is where I learnt to have and to hold. The curtains can hide, they can lie. But the sorrow in your voice will always echo through the walls. The curtains cannot stop your laughter from fading into the mirthless ceiling of grey. Let your curtains up a little, maybe the sun will let you smile. Maybe the sounds of the birds will warm your heart. It is never too late, until it’s too late. Don’t let morning find you still grey. Let your curtains up a little, and maybe you will see a reason to smile. You have been to the bottom of the lake, but why should you insist on staying down there? A sinking man will never hold on to a weight of gold because then the only thing he craves for is life, and he pretty well knows it is either him or the gold. So let your curtains up a little, and I will be out there to make you smile. The rain will not be enough to stop me, neither will the sun. For it is me who will be there to make you smile. Not every robin is the harbinger of bad news. A song with beautiful lyrics will be hated if it misses out on rhyme. Why should there exist an author without a story? Why should there be an athlete who cannot even run? Days will pass with your curtains down and maybe when time catches up with you, sorrow will be your life partner. Lift your curtains a little and see magic in the horizon, maybe you will find a reason to love again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog