THE VILLAGE HERDER'S DIARY

                 THE VILLAGE HERDER'S DIARIES.
chapter one

The cows today seemed relaxed and at peace. My journey took me down the river bed and into the Tanui's farm from whence i could easily access the mangoes ripening near his house. They have for long been a subject of fantasy, dreaming of them through the night only to be woken up with a slap that i was producing strange sounds, like the suckling of a calf. Today i'll do it. Oh, but first, my two friends Kiprotich and Kipkemoi aren't around today. Kiprotich was caught by the farm owner and was nursing minor injuries at the village dispensary due to the 'mauling' arap Tanui's whip had done to him. I was a bit lucky to be having only a few stripes on my back. his shirt got stuck when he was running out of the farm. I remember him yelling his lungs out while we stiffled our laughter behind a clump of bushes. We only stopped when he pointed to our direction and yelled in his gibberish tounge, "at Kipkemoi na Simiyu ndio wale. We would have laughed if the circumstances at hand would have allowed us to. Those canes had a healing effect for the boy being beaten was a stammerer, yet he had called us out pretty well. I know you are wondering how a simiyu ended up with akina Kemboy, well, i'll tell you tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog